The salad with no green




My daughter is in her school's theater group, and I always have to come up with "non-voice damaging" dinner solutions to bring to her before the performances। Salads work great because I can put them in a cooler with ice packs and not have to be there at cast/crew dinnertime.

Last weekend, I had an extra challenge: I was bringing a friend from work who will not eat anything that is green, and he was helping me out setting up the concession stand, so I had to bring dinner for us as well 

I remembered this jewel from old times in Brazil, worked like a charm, daughter and colleague were happy (and it took me 10 min to make it, the night before, it does not get soggy)

Dressing:
  • 1-cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • ½ tablespoon olive oil
  • 1-teaspoon mustard

Salad
  • 2 carrots
  • Shredded chicken (breasts work best), as much as you want —I would do a whole breast.
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 can corn
  • ½ cup frozen peas
  • ½ cup raisins (can be omitted for picky eaters like mine)
Topping:
  • 1-cup potato sticks (we make it from scratch in Brazil, but it is dangerous and I would not recommend it, so just get the packaged one, you can find it in the potato chips section at the supermarket) If you cant find it, get potato chips and crush them in a zip-lock bag
Mix all dressing ingredients with a whisk, then add it to all the other salad ingredient. Taste for salt and pepper. Top it all with the potato sticks.
After that, my colleaguewas healthier and my daughter’s performance was fantastic, here is a sneak peak:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Easy Alfredo - Nestle table Cream 2

The Real Brazilian Flan (Pudim, or Caramel Flan)

Banana Compote